Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Are cows lesbian or Bisexual?



When I was a little boy my parents took me to one of those" Where did I come from" talks. After the talk was over one of the mothers quizzed me on what I had thought of the night. I think she was a little taken aback when I replied " oh it was a bit boring the bull has been doing that to the cows for ages". After that the bull was sold & we have been artificially inseminating the cows ever since!
Now you might have been told that cows have 4 stomachs but what you were not told is that cows are lesbians or at the best bisexual. How is this so you may ask? Well when cows come on heat they just don't go running off to the nearest bull. Cows on heat will mount each other until they become sexually aroused. If a bull is running with the herd he watches for cows mounting & when the time is right wanders over has his way with cow & then wanders off. Cows may continue to mount for several hours after mating.
In our herd picking cows on heat involves watching for signs of mounting. It is impossible to watch the cows 24/7 so some bright spark came up with the idea of a plastic sticker covered with a layer similar to a scratch lottery ticket. This sticker is stuck on the cows back & when the cow is mounted the "scratchy" layer is removed to reveal a fluro orange patch. The only catch is they cost $2 each & unlike a scratchy there is no $50K to win.
Today saw the birth of a heifer (girl) calf which for some reason has been a rare event of late. We have been having 2 bulls to 1 heifer for the last few months!. This heifers dad lives in Canada & his name is Lencrest Blackstone he is a highly rated bull & cost $33 for 0.5ml of semen!
I think this enough blogging today as I am not sure what people want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment